[Scottish] at76c503 wireless usb adaptor

rayH scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:25:06 2003

OK this is sheer laziness; asking here before I make more than a half-heart=
ed=20
attempt..

I bought a couple of usb wirless lan adaptors with at76c503 chips (Maplins=
=20
@=A340 each). =20
Plugged one in and dmesg gives:
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 14
usb.c: USB device 14 (vend/prod 0x3eb/0x7605) is not claimed by any active=
=20
driver

Download at76c503-0.9  it recommends 2.4.20 kernel, but try make; make inst=
all=20
anyway..  A few errors, which I might read later.
# modprobe -v at76c503
modprobe: Can't locate module at76c503

Has anyone got one of these devices working?  Should I up the kernel (which=
=20
will cause hassle with Win4Lin & VMware)? Has anyone else read the=20
instructions before I have to?

I have SuSE 8.1 kernel 2.4.19=20

=2D- =20
  ray