[Scottish] fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself

Robert Lazzurs scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon May 5 13:44:01 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 12:06, martin kelly wrote:
> Hi Group
>
> Anyone seen this before..  I noticed yeterday that one of my mail logs was
> huge.. one particular incoming email sent to 44 people seemed to be coming
> in each time i polled the isp mailbox even though it was being downloaded
> and flushed..  i think all is well now after a reboot on the server but
> that's not to say it will happen again..
>
> I also noticed the attachment in the fetchmail.log
>
> i have fetchmail colleting with mailscanenr, f-prot and a side order of
> Spamassassin working on this side..  the peculiar thing is when i use
> procamil as my mda, i don't get an problems like this..
>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself in the
> logs..!
>
> I've searched for a couple days now without success.. any ideas anyone?

I cannot be sure without looking at further logs but the chances are
that you could be sending this message to all of the people in the to
list of that email, including your self.  I have seen that happen
before.

Or it could be someone else on that list doing the same.  I would
suggest contacting your isp's tech support, they should be able to have
a look at and deal with this for you.

Take care - RL

--
MSN:lazzurs@everybuddy.com	|"All that is etched in stone
Yahoo:admroblaz AIM:admroblaz	|is truly only scribbled in