[Scottish] Tv Cards Again

William Anderson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu May 8 09:45:01 2003

Phil Deane wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I chnaged all the settings from NTSC, to PAL-NC, PAL, SECAM, and the
> only one that gets me a complete picture is Pal-NC.
>
> In windows it is PAL-I.
>
> Thats as much as I know??

Weird ... PAL-NC (along with PAL-M and PAL-N) are South American variants of
PAL - PAL-NC is indigineous to Argentina.  PAL variants usually encode
picture information the same way, but the colour information and/or sound is
transmitted on a slightly different sub-carrier, which is possibly one
reason why you're running into problems here.  PAL-I is the UK standard.

Something also to check is how you're loading the bttv module?  check and
see what number is in the card=X parameter and make sure you're loading
module with the right setting for your card - a full list should be
available in the kernel source tree -
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like