[Scottish] Curious

Tam McLaughlin scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 20 15:09:00 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 2:55 pm, Mark Robinson wrote:
> Hello S.L.U.G,
>
> One of my clients in Glasgow has just received a letter from Software
> Solutions about possible illegal MS Licensing. Has anyone heard of
> them? Is this just scare tactics/marketing/chain letter or do they
> actually have some clout? The web site on the letter is
> www.doyoucomply.com. They are asking for details of all software with
> product keys!

Hi, our company received a letter from them last week and I heard there is no
way we will be dealing with them.
I think they are just trying to get some work via the back door using scare
tactics and do not have any clout. They will just make a lot of money helping
you to become compliant if you are not already compliant and I am sure they
will try and make a lot of money from you even if you are compliant.