[Scottish] june meeting suggestion

Ben Thorp scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 23 16:55:01 2003

I think that's a great idea (but let's avoid the free software song unless
it's been remixed and sung by someone other rms).

On a related note, somebody had suggested that I offer to do a talk on
MagicPoint at some point. It's a bit late for May, and I'll be away July
31st (in Venice) but if people would be interested in it I could offer for
August.

Ben Thorp

                      "William Anderson"
                      <neuro@well.com>              To:       <scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk>
                      Sent by:                      cc:
                      scottish-admin@mailman        Subject:  [Scottish] june meeting suggestion
                      .lug.org.uk

                      23/05/2003 02:55 PM
                      Please respond to
                      scottish

I won't be able to make the meeting next week, but for the June meeting,
can
I suggest a showing of Revolution OS?  I have the DVD here, all that's
needed is a screen of some kind - Kenny, would you be able to source
something from the dept?  I suppose a telly would be cool enough, but a
projector or plasma display would rock loads :)

btw, the free software song is on disc two, i suppose we could take a vote
on whether or not to play it - let the masochists take their lobbying
positions! :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like