[Scottish] More details on Currency detection/Connect-4 talks at August meeting

scottish+Steven.Murdoch at cl.cam.ac.uk scottish+Steven.Murdoch at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 17:00:42 BST 2004

Thanks to all those who came to my talks yesterday, I hope everyone
managed to get something out of them. If you are interested in finding
more information, you might want to look at a few webpages.

Connect-4:
 I presented a paper on this subject at a conference, and the slides
 from this talk are at:
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/talks/ih04connect-4.pdf

 Also for the full details, the paper itself is also online at:
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/papers/ih04connect-4.pdf

Currency detection:
 I gave a short talk about this at the same conference, and the
 slides are online too (this is what was on the sheets I passed
 around):
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/talks/ih04currency.pdf

 There also is a webpage which gives some more background and details
 about this subject. I'll be updating this as and when I find out more:
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/projects/currency/

 The story about the EU requirement to include the detection code is
 at:
   http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13528

Steven Murdoch (sjmurdoch).
--