[Scottish] Help! SuSe installation

Robert Barbour rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 15:52:54 GMT 2004

I hope I'm still sane by the meeting on the 16th December!
After attending the November meeting (my first), I took the plunge and installed SuSe on my machine at home. (I'm sending this from work).
Apart from the trackball buttons working in a strange way, no access to the floppy drive, no network connection to the other machine (the one with the printer) and no Internet  or email access, everything's fine!
So far all I've got to grips with is the command prompt and I've found the startup log with all the messages saying network service failed etc.
I think the first step is to get that text file onto a floppy, so I can produce prints/extracts of it and sort things out a bit at a time. (Time being the operative word).
The 'other' machine still has windows 98 on it and an HP laser printer.
All suggestions gratefully received!
Regards
Rob

Message date : Dec 09 2004, 01:09 PM