[Scottish] Help! SuSe installation

ray rayH at engineering-intelligence.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 09:26:23 GMT 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 07:31, Robert Barbour wrote:
RB> OK, floppy disk problem solved by re-installing 9.1 Personal.
RB> Also trackball now working correctly when set as left-handed!
I think that you will get all the features of the Logitech Trackball by selecting it in the "KDE menu|system|configuration|SaX2|Input-Devices|Mouse  -> cHange|properties| -> Logitech -> Trackball"

RB> The printer setup will be the other way round, being connected to the parallel port on the win98 machine. (There isn't room for the printer near the Linux machine). So what needs done on the windows machine for this to work?
First you need a working network, with the Win98 machine sharing the printer and someone logged in.  Then you add a printer and select a samba connection and browse for the printer queue before selecting the Manufacturer and model.

If you did not set it up during the re-installation you can configure your modem for dial-up from the "KDE menu|system|configuration|YaST|Network Devices| Modem|..."

--
ray