[Scottish] New PC and SUSE woes

Craig Perry Craig.Perry at t-mobile.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 13:22:29 GMT 2004

I've been having a problem similar to this with Ubuntu on my new dell
system. The install media works perfectly in my other systems, but when i
try to install on the dell, it goes so far then bombs out saying it can't
find the kernel.debs when they are clearly there and dropping to a shell
allows me to "dpkg -i" the "missing" packages... very strange!

Debian (which ubuntu is based on) installs perfectly as well so not sure
what the problem is, and i gave up looking through the install scripts...
thats one for a day when i'm *really* bored.

I'll definately try a different cd drive in the system just in case this
turns out to be the same issue.