[Scottish] storing current directory

Ben Thorp THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jan 22 15:38:24 GMT 2004

export AMB_TMP=`pwd`

Ben

                      "Allan Bruce"
                      <allanmb at f2s.com>               To:       <scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      scottish-bounces at mailman        Subject:  [Scottish] storing current directory
                      .lug.org.uk

                      22-01-04 15:36
                      Please respond to
                      SLUG-list

Hi there,
I am modifying a script, and I need to be able to store the current
directory, so I can come back to it.  I tried

    export AMB_TMP=pwd

but it doesnt work, AMB_TMP becomes 'pwd' rather than the current
directory.
How would I do this?
Thanks
Allan