[Scottish] Dvd Burners and their fickle ways

Phil Deane phil at miracleexpress.force9.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 19:27:55 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 Jul 2004 10:10, ray wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 00:42, Phil Deane wrote:
> PD> Burned a data DVD full of FLACS and SHNS in k3b.
>
> Which K3B/KDE?  current is 0.11.12/3.2.3
> During the upgrade cycle I had problems writing DVD ISOs althoug CDs were
> OK, but the present set-up seems to work. When things weren't working for
> KDE/K3B I used X-CD-Roast. I have mixed success with RW DVDs being readable
> on other players, but I think that this is due to not having found the
> right media yet.

It is 0.11.9 with KDE 3.2.3, which ahs been the latest release from mandrake
so far, I could try cimpiling source. I might try X Cd roast and see if that
works

> Does Settings/Configure k3b/Devices  match your hardware specs?
> I assume that Notifications/Logging is on and that K3b claims to complete
> with no errors. In the Burn dialogue did you select "Verify written data" ?
> You might also take a look in Settings/Configure k3b/Programs to look for
> anything obviously missing or ancient.

Verify was one and reported no faults at all. When I tried to got to setup it
segfaults, with the following

[phil at miracleexpress testy]$ k3b
k3b: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name passed
to the constructor!
KCrash: Application 'k3b' crashing...
[phil at miracleexpress testy]$

--