[Scottish] Remote Boot using DHCP & PXE

Paxton, Darren Darren.Paxton at mercer.com
Wed Mar 3 10:57:13 GMT 2004

Rob

Thanks for the suggestions, I do have remote access by way of remote
desktop, so I can effectively do whatever I need, however I would have liked
to be able to boot a copy of the OS stored on a linux server via enhanced
tftp similar to LTSP.

On further investigation though, I found Barts Preinstallation environment
software http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ , which will help to a certain degree,
however it needs console access to the machine, meaning I need to hook up
peripherals to engage it.

The ideal solution was to have a couple of partitions, one for data and one
for OS and I could just blitz the OS one whenever I needed to remotely.

I'll look further into it, but looks like its going to be a doozy

Cheers again

Darren