[Scottish] Recommendations on ADSL service/provider? - resend to correct the question

Colin Fraser cfraser at nairnfusion.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 15:30:18 GMT 2004

BT have finally got the lead out and are enabling our exchange this week!
Should have sorted this out ages ago but there's nothing like the eleventh
hour to sharpen the mind.

So I want an ADSL connection (scrapping my expensive ISDN line). Can anyone
help with recommendations on modem to use, best provider, etc?

Both BT and Tiscali offer free modems, but can these be used with Linux? I've
seen the recommendations for Force9, but what gear should I get to be able to
use them?

Any help gratefully received - if I wasn't working in Ireland there'd be pints
at the next meeting as an extra inducement but I suppose I'll just have to
rely on your goodwill!

TIA,

Colin