[Scottish] Suggestions/help with barcode scanner

Ben Thorp THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Fri Mar 19 10:47:24 GMT 2004

scottish-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote on 19-03-2004 10:28:33:

> delurk...
>
> Hi
>
> I think I know the type of thing you mean.  You'll probably need to get a
> pinout diagram, and make a custom cable. to connect it to the PC.  As the
> connector also takes the power to the scanner, it's not as simple as
pluggin
> it in.   I can't remember the pinout myself, but I have a feeling that
the
> scanner is the same as the DATALOGIC.  is it about the size of a fag
packet
> with  a cut corner where the cable comes out?

No - its more of a gun-style one. However, I did get the manuals from the
Symbol website, so I have the pinout diagrams. I guessed the big problem
was the power. Ultimately, I don't really have the time/inclination to
spend a lot of time adapting it, so if someone would like it, they would be
welcome to it.