[Scottish] GNU/linux cd's wanted for social centre

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon May 17 10:45:56 BST 2004

Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
> [snip]
>>not if the 20 quid was being donated to something....  (and i'm not
>>sure the beer fund counts for that one, but that's something someone
>>else should figure out)
>
> £20 would buy a few CDs or DVDs. Could be used to put distros on for donations to organisations

having a spare monitor (or one to use if they're short) is surely more
useful than CDs which people can burn and donate themselves?

Perhaps we could all burn a wide range of distros and tools (knoppix,
debian, slack, fedora, open CD, open office, maybe even some bsden), put
them all together at the next slug meet and put them in a box to give to the
centre?  Anyone else know of any similar sites which would benefit from such
a service?  I'm sure a lot if not most of us have a) an optical writer, b)
decent bandwidth, c) access to reasonably cheap media ...

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him