[Scottish] Hi from Down Under

Ben Thorp THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Thu Nov 4 12:47:00 GMT 2004

scottish-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote on 04/11/2004 12:41:58:

> Hi guys,
> I was wondering if you were having a LUG meeting in December, I notice
> the shindig on the 30th- so no meeting?

There's none planned apart from the shindig at this point, but there's no
reason why we can't have a meeting if there is enough demand.

We also need to confirm the date - 16th, 23rd or 30th. Traditionally we've
gone for the 3rd Thursday, rather than the last, to miss Christmas. This
year, obviously, the 3rd Thursday is still only 2 days beforehand, so maybe
the 16th is the obvious choice. (There are likely to be additional,
optional, opportunities to meet up)

> I was hoping to catch up with some Linux people to get a feel for Linux
> in Scotland, eg business uptake, advocacy etc.
>
> I was even tempted to deliver a session, if you were having a LUG
> meeting, on how to succeed in building confidence in Linux for small
> businesses.
> Have you guys had anyone talk business at your LUG?

We're due a business in February, but it's been a while, IIRC.

> I'll be in Glasgow from 21st Dec to 16th Jan, pity if I can't meet some
> Linux's form my old haunts.

Meeting or not, I'm sure there will be opportunity to meet up.