[Scottish] Linux Games Development

Charles McCrimmon Specis at Specis-Design.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 22:06:37 BST 2004

Lo again all,

just thought i would share some information with yous all, and get some
discussion going while I'm at it :D

as i doubt most of yous know, I'm the admin of a beginners game design
site... ill spare yous the URL cos i quick google for me will uncover it.

anyway a new compiler is about to be released aimed at games development
and one version of it will be for Linux, This means an actual
crossplatform language which is basically soley aimed at games development.

If anyone's intrested a sample program compiled with the beta compiler
was released a few weeks ago and in the archive there is three versions
of the same exe basically. One for mac, windows and linux

the zip can be found here
http://www.blitzbasic.com/tmp/Rockout.zip

The compiler will be called BlitzMax which is a step forward from the
highly rated Blitz3d for the windows platform and created by Mark Sibly
of Blitzbasic for the Amiga

L8tr Folks
Charles McCrimmon
(Specis)