[Scottish] RE: xbox linux (again)

Georgia Thomson scotlug at georgiagrrl.me.uk
Sun Oct 17 13:55:51 BST 2004

Des Quinn wrote:

>X-Equinox Consulting-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
>X-Equinox Consulting-MailScanner: Found to be clean
>
>Hi,
>
>First post so be gentle :)
>
>Recently been thinking about going down this route, and had this link
>suggested to me for those that might want to explore the full potential of
>their xboxes or indeed get an already modded xbox.
>
>http://www.xdvds.lunarpages.com/xbox/index.php?page=general
>

>Des

that is pretty much the "other option" for modding an xbox. unless
people actually want a mod chip fitted, which i can do i'll be taking
people through the process of reflashign the onboard bios with the legal
cromwell bios for running linux, which doesnt allow backup games or in
facct any xbx games to be played unless you reflash an original bios
onto the chip.

for those interested in that option i will explain the process and
assist with any technical problems but they take full responsibility for
their own xbox and software, as far as legality goes.

i'll just be showing them the process to flash a bios image onto the
flash chip.