[Scottish] Help! SuSe Printer Problem

Robert Barbour rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 07:52:50 BST 2005

> use YAST to remove the printer queue, right through to the finish button,
>and then go through hardware/printers again.
Yup, it was easy and successful, once I'd remembered I had to configure with a ppd file, as my LJ is not a PostScript Printer!
Thinking back, I did switch the printer during boot-up - I'll take care over that in future!
Next problem - how to get back online with Linux?
I'm sending this from work, as I can't connect properly for internet access at home.
I have an external modem which definitely works OK and I have entered my ISP telephone number and tried to configure the system, but the best it does is ask for the password, dials up, sounds like it is connecting and then nothing .. maybe an error message.
I will make some detailed notes and post them next week ...
Regards
Rob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: