[Scottish] defy id card meeting

Alice sei531 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 21:32:57 GMT 2005

 --- Charles McCrimmon <Specis at Specis-Design.co.uk> wrote:
> So if you dont oppose the ID cards then you best not appear at this
> meeting then? Or would it be safe to attend even if you think its
> actually a good idea?

Well this particular meeting is to get together people who oppose the cards
already so we can organise ourselves, and so someone supporting the cards
would be about as welcome as a microsoft salesman at a linux install fest.

But we will probably have an open meeting at some point to discuss all the
issues involved, and you would be very welcome to come along and debate with
us then.

I answered Aidan offlist, but I basically said that our group is not
affiliated to any national umbrella group, but we are happy to work with any
of them. I don't know if no2id are doing anything in glasgow - they seemed
pretty london based?

Anyway, I'm sorry for abusing this list. Discussions might be better on our
list:
defy-id-glasgow-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

=====
--

"I give mankind no more than a chance in a thousand. But I would not be human if I did not place my stake on this one chance." Albert Camus

  /"\
  \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - NO HTML MAIL
   X                           - NO PROPRIETARY ATTACHMENTS
  / \