[Scottish] defy id card meeting - last post on this matter, I promise!

Alice sei531 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 12:06:36 GMT 2005

I'm really sorry that you all have had so much offtopic discussion on your
list. Everybody is welcome to join the id card list to discuss this further,
or email me offlist

Subscribe to the glasgow anti id card list by sending a blank email to
defy-id-glasgow-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

 --- Allan Whiteford <allan at whiteford.org.uk> wrote:
> Preaching to the converted is just so much more fulfilling.

The idea of this meeting is to discuss what we can practically do to do
exactly as you are suggesting, and reach outside of our own group. However we
have to actually get together in order to organise ourselves to do that. We
have had public meetings before, and I'm sure we'll have them again. I really
don't underestand what the problem is. We are actually getting out from
behind the safety of our keyboards to do something about an issue we feel is
hugely detrimental to all of our civil liberties. I am not the sole person in
this group, and I hope I've been really clear that everything I've been
saying is only my view. I just also happen to be on this list, and there was
interest in the issue on here before, so I thought to post the announcement.

I do not want to continue taking up other people's time in this. You are all
very welcome to join our list, where we can continue the discussion, but I
for one will not be responding to any more posts in this thread on this list.
I think its abusive of everybody else's patience.

I repeat - we are meeting in a public house, we will not be checking anyone's
id on the way in, and everyone is welcome. Anyone that is disruptive, for
instance by insisting the discussion revolve around arguements about whether
id cards are a good or bad thing, rather than the purpose of the meeting,
which is to organise ourselves against them, will be asked to leave, by me.

=====
--

"I give mankind no more than a chance in a thousand. But I would not be human if I did not place my stake on this one chance." Albert Camus