[Scottish] Website changes

Alistair J Ross ajross at xbolt.net
Tue Nov 1 15:27:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, November 1, 2005 13:05, Ben Thorp said:

> So - what we need to ask is:
>
> 1. Should we continue with this format?

I think so, having come from Edinburgh's EdLUG which is far less formal
(but less fun as a result), I like the fact that scotlug has a good mix of
real linux/foss stuff and laffs as opposed to just an excuse for a pi$$
up!

> If YES:

> a) Have we managed the correct blend of 'newbie' vs 'guru' talks?
I've not attended enough meetings to say aye to this one yet.

> b) What topics are people interested in hearing about?
Hmm, that's a toughie. Anything groovy,  usable, practical. Nothing
boring, like math related stuff!

> c) Should we be looking to develop the format with different 'styles' of
> meeting? (ie not just talks and the odd quiz)

I think it's fine the way it seems to be, but i'm open for alternatives.

> 2. Are we continuing to meet the needs of the users who belong to the
> group?

I felt very welcome at my first meeting last week, so thanks everyone! I
think that's very important. I can't think of anything that  needs to be
done right now.

I like the fact that you also have a very active irc community. I would
like to see CGI::Irc working again (or something similar), because it's my
only way onto IRC between the hours of Mon-Fri 9am-7pm

>> A vote has been raised on the scotlug website, and imho it hould getat
> least
>> 30 seconds attention from people.

/me has voted. :)

Ta,

Al.
--
*** Check out the Ultimate Linux Newbie Guide! ***
***  ---  http://www.linuxnewbieguide.org  --- ***