[Scottish] Which distro

Alistair J. Ross ajross at xbolt.net
Mon Dec 4 19:08:44 GMT 2006

Kubuntu - without a doubt, the best Linux distro there is.

Plain Ubuntu is all very well, but Gnome is just nasty and there is no getting
away from it.

/me opens up the flamewar!

Al

On Monday 04 December 2006 14:23, Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Now my router is up and running and I've tried my system with Knoppix
> and connected happily to yon internet thingy i'm ready to go dual boot
> again.
>
> But it's been a couple of years.
>
> Which distro do you recommend considering it isn't just ex-sysadmin me
> using this but also my wife who just wants something that works.
>
> Colin

> This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is
> intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use,
> disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is
> not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the
> email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately
> by return.
>

> Communications with the Scottish Executive may be monitored or recorded in
> order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful
> purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not
> necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Executive.

> The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure
> Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable &
> Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. On leaving the GSI this email was
> certified virus free.
> The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve
> the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK
> Government quality mark initiative for information security products and
> services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk

Check out The Ultimate Linux Newbie Guide [www.linuxnewbieguide.org]
No nonsense beginners tutorial to choosing, installing and using Linux!