[Scottish] Which distro

Alistair J Ross ajross at xbolt.net
Thu Dec 7 11:23:35 GMT 2006

I have Gnome installed on my Kubuntu system for 'just in case' use.

I started it up once to debug a sound problem I was having (not KDE
related!), and got horrified and immediately closed it down. It was all
orangey / brown. Euch!

On Thu, December 7, 2006 08:53, William Anderson wrote:
> Alistair J. Ross wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>> It sounds like you haven't used a recent GNOME desktop, perhaps you
>>> should give a recent Ubuntu or Fedora Core a try.
>>
>> Admittedly no, I have given up on gnome for the forseeable. I last used
>> it
>> properly with Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary). I might have used it for a while on
>> 5.10
>> but it was around then when I switched.
>
> You should therefore give FC6 or Ubuntu Edgy a try - especially Edgy,
> since
> the live CD will let you piss about without hosing your Kubuntu setup.
>
> --
> _ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
> \`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the
> =(_ _)= http://neuro.me.uk/   |       cheese platter.
>    U  - Thhbt! GPG 0xFA5F1100 | -- Tim Westwood, Zane Lowe, R1, Dec 2005

*** Check out the Ultimate Linux Newbie Guide! ***
***  ---  http://www.linuxnewbieguide.org  --- ***