[Scottish] Which distro

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Sun Dec 31 17:25:24 GMT 2006

Yes, it'll be the development headers for X. In Ubuntu, try installing the
following.

xlibs-dev
libx11-dev
kdebase-dev

I'm sure it'll be xlibs-dev that provides what you need. The configure
script won't tell you what packages you need, as it's just a generic
source tarball. It isn't tailored to your particular distribution, and
thus can only provide generic error messages.

Is there any reason that you can't install the software from the package
archives? What's the name of the software and why do you need to compile
it from scratch? The average (new-to-Linux) Ubuntu user isn't going to be
wanting to compile software, but instead should rely on the vast
collection of software available in the package repositories.

Regards

Kyle