[Scottish] SuSe 10 Installation

Robert Barbour rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 17:49:26 GMT 2006

By starting in safe mode and running SAX2, after several trial and error settings, I found that 1024x768 @66Hz and 55kHz horizontal worked fine!

So I'm up and running!

SuSE 10 is so much better than previous versions, I'm delighted and impressed!

Thanks to all who contributed, your help much appreciated.

Regards

Rob
 Message Received: Feb 26 2006, 04:32 AM
 From: "stephen donaldson" <steve at openoz.net>
 To: "SLUG-list" <scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk>
 Cc: rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
 Subject: Re: [Scottish] SuSe 10 Installation

 If you built the beast with a gui there is a yast X11 config file in the
 directory, rename this and you will at least have the original 800x600
 setup working.

 Steve