[Scottish] Upgrade and file preservation

Billy billy at kuranes.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 00:28:11 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:21:54AM +0100, Robert Barbour wrote:
> If I upgrade SuSE linux from version 9 to version 10, will my data files be preserved, or do I need to copy them before the upgrade?

You should always backup your data before an upgrade... :-)  But generally
you should be ok.

By "my data files" I'm assuming you mean your own /home/blah user files?
The main problem you're liable to see in terms of your own desktop is
that if you are leaping up a few KDE versions then there can be a few
quirks.

Billy.