[Scottish] Upgrade and file preservation

Adam jiggy at clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 06:12:12 GMT 2006

Robert Barbour wrote:
> If I upgrade SuSE linux from version 9 to version 10, will my data files be preserved, or do I need to copy them before the upgrade?

In my personal experience going from a .0 to a .1 or rc1 to rc2 etc
seems to run smoothly but upgrading by a full number can go horribly
wrong depending on your setup, probably best to take a backup of
anything critical in case it goes pear shaped.

Ive never used Mandrake again since that ill fated incident :o)

Cheers

Adam