[Scottish] Time flies - January's meeting and other stories

Ben Thorp THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jan 25 18:02:34 GMT 2006

I have spectacularly failed to get anyone to do anything at this months
meeting, so I am open to any last minutes suggestions to save it from being
another straight-to-pub meeting.....

We will, however, be meeting at 7.30pm on Thursday (tomorrow - 26th).

Once again I am looking for people who are willing to provide sort of
entertainment for the "formalised" section of the Scotlug meets - as has
been discussed before, you don't need to do a "talk" - other forms of meet
are welcomed - quizzes, "bring a book" sessions. You can even pass it on to
someone else to do a talk, as long as you take responsibility for the
organisation.

I am willing to continue doing the overall organisation, as long as nobody
better comes along, or has any objections.

One other suggestion is that Jono Bacon (writer, Linux advocate, LUGRadio
presenter, etc - see http://www.jonobacon.org and http://www.lugradio.org )
has said that he is more than willing to come up to do a talk at some point
during the year, as long as we cover his travel expenses (approx £75 for a
return flight from Birmingham I reckon) and have the meeting on a weekend.
Is this something that people would be interested in - it would probably
mean having a 'special' meeting on a Saturday at some point (Kenny is this
doable with Strathclyde?) and charging a nominal entrance fee?

Ben Thorp (aka mrben)