[Scottish] I have a virus

Mike Pento mjpento at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 13:02:46 BST 2007

Hi John,

I don't think so, if I am not mistaken, viruses in Word documents
usually use things like ActiveX stuff, exploiting Microsoft's judicious
use of COM in all of its Office applications.

I am pretty sure that you are fairly safe in a Linux environment, as I
don't believe that those COM components are supported.

Hope this helps,
Mike
------
Michael J. Pento (#scotlug :: goshawk1)