[Scottish] Linux apparell in Glasgow

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Sat Feb 10 13:07:53 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:44:38AM +0000, Colin Shorts wrote:

> --- Dan Shearer <dan at shearer.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 07:25:10PM +0000, Colin Speirs wrote:
> >
> > > I'm going to a work organised Vista event next Friday.
> > >
> > > Any good places in Glasgow to get a tasteful, but noticeable Penguin
> > > T-Shirt?
> >
> > Great stuff.
> >
> > Any corporates there? They might like a nicely-printed copy of something
> > I wrote just for them, http://shearer.org/VistaForLawyers . Do what you
> > like with it, eg make the heading "Special Briefing for Company XXXX".
> >
> > Nothing like trying to be helpful.
>
> How about distributing some free Linux CD's at the event - that would be really helpful :)

You could approach Kevin from LinuxExpress.co.uk in Edinburgh, he's said
he'd like to be involved in this sort of thing.

So long as they are likely to actually boot and don't need incantations like
"acpi=off", which is negative marketing to people who don't really
want to follow the fine details :-)

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org