[Scottish] Windows Vista Business value thingy

Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Feb 20 11:15:49 GMT 2007

> Umm, I won a Dell 820D laptop. It claimed on the notice that it was
top
> of the
> line, but the spec seemed fairly mid to low to me, aprt from the 256MG

> Graphics card, which may be necessry given the flash in Vista.
>
> Don't have my hands on it yet, they have to preload Vista and Office
> 2007 on
> it, but I don't think the MS top man was too chuffed when I asked  if
Lunix
> had all the drivers for the laptop's kit. So I may not get it after
all, or
> get some dog that is barely running.

Send back the media and license agreement and see if you can get a cash
refund :o)

Don't think I can do that

1) I didn't pay, it was a prize
2) The competition did specify the OS and Office 2007 as the spec of the
prize.

I think Ubuntu as a Live thing will be run on it at first, and if that
works nicely without any hasssles I can think about the full install

Or sell it

Ttfn

col

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Executive may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Executive.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information security products and services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk