[Scottish] Core Duo processors

Paul McClung pbmc_computing at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 20 13:02:54 GMT 2007

Just as an Additional note linux works just fine on the AMD X2 chips as well

Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:  On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:17:46AM -0000, Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> As I understand it Linux handles Core Duo processors just peachy, having
> had SMP support for years.
>
> Has anyone found any hassles with Linux on the Intel chips?

Not so much the chips themselves but the motherboard chipsets. As the core and more recently core2 duo chips
require different motherboards and support chipsets you can get into situations where stuff doesn't work unless
you have a fairly new kernel.

I had issues with my core2duo but its fine now I am running Ubuntu feisty with kernel 2.6.20 :S

Cheers,
Al.