[Scottish] Simple questions from a simpleton....

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 2 23:37:03 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 20:49, Phil Deane wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 11:56, babaguy wrote:
>
> > Also, in your experience, is Konqueror recognised by most UK web hosting
> > co's. as a browser useable for updating/uploading stuff to one'/s web
> > site? (I have UK Web Solutions Direct hosting my site and I seem to
> > recall that they support most browsers for updating, but NOT Opera, for
> > example - I can't remember if they support Konqueror.....)
>
> Firefox is the daddy of browsers. Konq is good, but firefox wins hands down
> IMHO

The fact the javascript on their site does not recognise the agent string
presented by the browser does not mean that the site won't work with
Konqueror (indeed if you go to Configure Konquerir -> Browser Identification,
you can change the string it sends to the remote end) If you are accessing a
site which doesn't like your browser you might want to try a Safari string
( Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/412 (KHTML, like
Gecko) Safari/412)  before Mozilla, and just use Internet Explorer as a last
resort.

(The javascript even model is different in MSIE to every other browser, but
Opera can emulate it).

HTH

C.