moRe: [Scottish] Broadband Question...

Alex Walker alex at feelthefire.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 01:04:42 GMT 2007

Gordon's right. You can pick up routers from around £30 and they'll
save you a lot of hassle.

Fight fair,

Alex

____________
this one time, at band camp, gordonjcp wrote:

babaguy wrote:

 > If anyone else can PLEASE (I really MEAN these capitals, I *would*
  > like to be able to use my Linux to actually *do* something)
  > help me with configuring a modem (either BT VOYAGER ADSL or THOMSON
  > Speed Touch 330)

They're shit.  Throw them away.  Seriously.  They barely work in
Windows, and the manufacturers refuse to give out any information on how
to make them work in Linux.  Get rid, and buy an ADSL router.  They're
relatively cheap, especially once you consider the value of your time
wasted in trying to get a broken-by-design sack of cack working against
its will.

Gordon