[Scottish] Re: time spent on Linux stuff...

J.R. Seago j.r.seago at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Mar 2 09:23:28 GMT 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 22:13, babaguy wrote:
>  Dear J.R., I *am* posting via microsoft, using an html enabled "myway"
> webmail account, and I put in a lot of air and space so that it will be
> readable - but too often whatever browser the slug is using just wipes
> out my formatting....... The typing in Mozilla is *way* slow and jerky
> on the Linux box.... As the problems are pretty basic in my Linux box,
> and really shouldn't be happening, I'd just as soon tear it all down and
> start over - but I don't think I'll be able to as I don't think any
> other OS will be able over-write the current Ubuntu on the HDD..... By
> the way, I DO know what software packages etc, I'd like to have on a
> Linux system, and again, they ought not to be difficult to grab and
> install...... - Cheers !
> - Paul

1) Set your line length to between 70 and 75 characters, conform with what
is usual.

2) When you reformat your partitions as part of the installation process it
will overwrite any OS you have on the hard drive, on the partitions you
choose to install it on.

3) For further help see: http://rute.2038bug.com/rute.html.gz
--
J.R. Seago