[Scottish] FAO

babaguy babaguy at myway.com
Sun Mar 4 13:07:04 GMT 2007

 Thanks J.R. !  I *think* the system has updated itself to Edgy, (not Kubuntu, though I burned the ISO and the system recognised the CD and did something with it...When I tried installing the CD contents as accepted by the machine with Synaptic I got that same error message about closing apt-get which, of course, was not open!) -  But it does seem to have updated itself comprehensively - I'm going to have a look around it this afternoon..... Thank you again, - Paul  --- On Sun 03/04, J.R. Seago < j.r.seago at dsl.pipex.com > wrote:From: J.R. Seago [mailto: j.r.seago at dsl.pipex.com]To: scottish at mailman.lug.org.ukDate: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:42:21 +0000Subject: [Scottish] FAO "babaguy"A Ubuntu distribution which should suit your needs is, or will be available in April, see here: http://ubuntustudio.org/-- J.R. SeagoGNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail / - against microsoft attachments