[Scottish] RAID Setup[Scanned]

Phillip Bennett phillip at mve.com
Wed Apr 9 10:58:48 BST 2008

Tim,

The point of the ATA over Ethernet was to allow more than one machine to
access the storage at a time and without the hassle of NFS or samba.

I don't want to use SCSI because it's direct connect and can't be used on
more than one machine at a time.  I figured AoE was fast and reliable enough
to get the job done.  I'm only building these boxes because it's the same
price as a comercial AoE box from Coraid!

I think what I'm building IS what you're suggesting.  Basically, I *could*
buy a Coraid box (ata over ethernet) or I could build one (or in this case
two!) myself that does exactly the same thing.

Is this what you mean?

Phil.