[Scottish] Large Linux environments

Spam spam at anderberg.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 23:21:38 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm looking into running the servers for our game on Linux.

I'm interested in any information people have about how companies manage
large numbers of Linux servers (500-700 machines). What distros do
data-centers use, what management software (Elwell says he uses
cfengine). How are updates managed and rolled out? What other
considerations are there when running an operation that large? These
machines would be accessible via the public internet.

I'm mainly looking to gather some good links and information so I can
understand more about what this entails.

thanks,

Rob