[Scottish] Hardware question?

Julian Gibson julian at rjmg.net
Thu Aug 6 17:54:20 UTC 2009

All

I've "acquired" a Dell Precision 670 with a pair of 147GB SCSIs.  I'm
wanting to remove one of them and add a pair of 1.5TB SATAs in a Raid 1
config.  I'll be using SuSE 11.1 and will do a software raid.
The question is therefore... Will this be able to boot off the remaining
SCSI (ie /dev/sda1) and still address the raid as /dev/md0 on the 2
SATAs or will the bios want to always boot off the SATAs if it sees them
first.  Don't want to plunk for the drives if it isn't going to work.

Cheers and thanks in advance
Julian