[Scottish] Systems support role for ticketing software company in Edinburgh

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jan 26 16:44:21 UTC 2009

William Anderson wrote:
> Will Tatam wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> The salary ranges from £20k to £25k depending on experience.
>
> Urgh.

Sorry, I'll clarify, since I've just been unjustifiably attacked on IRC
for making this comment.

In my own personal opinion, I don't believe 20-25k is a "decent" salary
for a sysadmin role with an aggressive policy of extra hours and on call
duties.  If the job perhaps offers bonuses and/or overtime for such
duties, that would probably make it more attractive in my eye, and
perhaps such benefits have been omitted by accident.

Please note that I'm expressing my own opinions, and I know of at least
one person on IRC who thought it looked just peachy.

-n