No subject

Sun Dec 12 13:02:08 UTC 2010

done on the basis that Windows comes free with the hardware, that is,
buying a bare PC is possible but the cost reduction is minimal (as
expressed to Scottish Government bodies, and then to me.) This is
certainly a widespread perception. A lot of purchasing is not done
centrally, although there are ways councils and other non-centralised
bodies can take advantage of central purchasing. If you have located an
expert on how IT purchases are handled across Scottish government I'd
love to meet them!