[Scottish] Scottish Digest, Vol 292, Issue 5

Roland Ward roland.ward at penguinfactory.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 13:58:01 UTC 2010

scottish-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

>> I noticed it features a quote by a David Sterling, ICT Manager for
>> "Central Scotland Police".
>>

> You will find the very same quote on the Microsoft site:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-Office-2003/Central-Scotland-Police/Central-Scotland-Police-Cuts-Maintenance-Costs-30-Percent-By-Replacing-Linux-Desktop/49609

Quote -

“Plug and play” is not a concept associated with Open Source products.

Thank god that true! I think we all remember the windows Plug and Prey days.

Luckily Linux has other things like "plug in a USB hard disk and don't
have to install some proprietary drivers that knocks out your sound
card" and "know what you're doing before you blindly change things by
plugging something in" and the best one "Plug in someone else's flash
disk and don't catch their virus..."

--
Roland Ward (Director)

Penguin Factory Ltd
www.penguinfactory.co.uk
Tel: 0845 868 3988

PenguinFactory Limited is a limited company registered in Scotland registered in Scotland number SC270171.
Registered office: Penguin Factory Limited, c/o Sinclair Wood and Co. 90 Mitchell Street Glasgow. G1 3NQ.