[Scottish] Meeting tonight

Robert Lazzurs rob at lazzurs.net
Thu Oct 28 09:46:47 UTC 2010

Hello all,

It is with great regret and sadness that I have to make tonights
meeting about ScotLUG and make tonight a maintainer election.  As I
stated when I took the position initially I would do this job until
you found someone better or I screwed it up.  Sadly due to personal
issues I have not had the time this month to arrange a speaker and so
it is time for me to move on as maintainer and leave the position open
to someone who does have the time and resources to do the job.

So, if you have ever thought "I could to better than the beardie one"
or just have some ideas on how ScotLUG could be made even more fun
then please come along tonight at the usual time of 1930 at Livi
Tower.  I know there are quite a few people with both the energy and
the time to do a great job with this, now it is time for you to stand
up and show us all how it is done! :D

For everyone else, there will of course be the usual chat and general
Linux Q&A at the meeting and the ever popular trip to the local public
house after the meeting.

More details about the venue and time of meetings on the wiki
http://www.scotlug.org.uk/

(PS. I might be a little late as moncky is dragging me kicking and
screaming to a Tron preview)

Let me say now it has been a great joy to do this for the last year
and I wish who ever is next all the best and my support.

Take care,

--
Rob Lazzurs
ScotLUG Maintainer (for one more day)