[Scottish] shackbox live dvd

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Sep 30 20:22:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 18:33 +0100, bob wrote:
> Hello,
> Ive just installed Ubuntu 10.4  32bit desktop . I have a Shackbox live
> cd which contains Ham Radio programs its based on Ubuntu 9.8 How can I
> install the files on the hard disk of the 10.4 machine.
>
> bob renshaw

You'd probably be better installing the packages individually from the
appropriate repository, using Synaptic (or whatever modern Ubuntu uses
for package management).

I'm sorry to say that amateur radio software in Linux is if anything
slightly worse than amateur radio software in Windows.  At least you
mostly don't have to pay to use ten-year-old shareware.  I started
packaging some commonly-used amateur radio apps for Arch Linux, but gave
up on it a bit when I realised how much work it would take to make them
even vaguely usable on modern systems.

73s de Gordon MM0YEQ