[Scottish] BBS / mini social network network software

Ronald MacDonald ronald at rmacd.com
Fri Apr 19 18:06:18 UTC 2013

Colin,

On 16 Apr 2013, at 22:08, Colin McKinnon wrote:
> Googling for open source CMS turns up *lots* of different packages - but wading through their websites to find out how well they meet my needs is rather tedious.

I've had a good bit of success with Symphony. Drupal's great too and tends to be what I use if I need a site up real quick. It is, however, overkill in most instances.

Have a look at Symphony. All it needs is PHP, SQL and a bit of elbow grease. I believe you can download pre-built 'ensembles' which give you an out-the-box site as well, so you can get an idea of how its (beautiful!) MVC-based framework operates.

w: rmacd.com
t: +44-777-235-1655
e: ronald at rmacd.com