[Scottish] network switches

Graeme Thomson graemethomson1980 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:16:50 UTC 2013

Hi folks
I'm looking for a recommendation for a new network switch.  I need a
minimum of 16 ports (well, 12 really but 16 seems a nicer number) i
need gigabit, and ideally rackmount, or of a size to fit on a shelf in
a rack. i like the idea of a fanless switch, but know that is unlikely
Also, once i have acquired a new switch, i have two cisco rackmount
10/100 switches looking for a new home.  a 12 port cisco 2950 and a 48
port cisco 3500 XL which has one gbic installed.
i'm open to offers for both switches together or individually.  i need
at least one of them until i replace the existing switch with
something a little more livingroom friendly