[Scottish] ScotLUG :: Thursday 28th November :: KDE, Kubuntu and the Linux Desktop

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Thu Nov 14 13:28:10 UTC 2013

Hey All!

It's that time of month again. The next meeting will be on Thursday 28th
November at the usual Spot, the Electron Club in the CCA. Open Street
Map<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/55.86573/-4.26487>
.
We should be kicking around the Electron Club around 7:30PM on Thursday.

*Jonathan Riddell*
This months talk is quite a special one, Jonathan is the founder and
Community
Leader of the Kubuntu Project/ Linux Distribution.
He will be talking to us about the technology and politics of KDE and
Kubuntu
and ponders on how the dream of the Linux desktop has not taken off in the
way
we all thought it would a decade ago and what is happening instead.

*Open Source and Q&A*
Like last month, we're going to have a 20 minute session at the end for a
Linux or Open Source Q&A session. It is our hope that you can use this time
work on/ with a project that you’re really passionate about, if not get
advice
on how to go about doing this.

We'll be adjourning to the CCA bar afterwords for more of a chat and a bit
of
a chill-out

As always, for more information – you can visit the website at
www.scotlug.org.uk.

Hope to see you all there!