[Scottish] GeekSoc Hackathon

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Wed Oct 2 19:45:03 UTC 2013

Hey all,

Some of you may remember Fiona from last weeks meeting, she  has asked me
to forward along the details of the first GeekSoc Hackathon of the year.

Taking place at Livingston Tower, L11, University of Strathclyde

This will take place on Friday 4th October from 4:30pm right through til
they kick us out, which is at about 10pm. For those who may not know,
a Hackathon is where people get together and in a short space of time and
implement a solution to a problem or task. There will hopefully be some
pizza and juice kicking about for this event (no alcohol from us or you
since we’re in an academic building please!). I’d also like to emphasise
this is for EVERYONE. You DO NOT need to have any experience with
programming as there will be people on hand who will be more than willing
to help out!

If you’re coming along to the Hackathon please email Fiona at
president.geeksoc.org.

Cheers,
Kenny.