[Scottish] Thursday 27th February

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Thu Feb 20 10:44:21 UTC 2014

Hey All!

It's that time of month again. The next meeting will be on Thursday
27th February at the usual Spot, the Electron Club in the CCA. [Open
Street Map <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/55.86576/-4.26515>].
We should be kicking around the Electron Club around 7:30PM next Thursday.

*Writing Apps more quickly (or why you should develop a good workflow).*
 This month, Peter Kinnaird has kindly offered to give us a talk on
his experiences with Rapid Application Development in the real world!

A short talk with tips and recommendations for being able to develop
more quickly and with less distractions, along with recommendations of
tools and resources to spend less time wasting time. Including
examples of where we are going with our workflow at his day job with
Stream-Communications.

*Open Source and Q&A*

As always, we're going to have a 20 minute session at the end for a
Linux or Open Source Q&A session. It is our hope that you can use this
time to work on/ with a project that you're really passionate about,
if not get advice on how to go about doing this.

Where time allows, we may also get a chance to speak about some
exciting plans for the rest of 2014 (Watch this space!).

We'll be adjourning to the CCA bar afterwords for more of a chat and a
bit of a chill-out.

As always, for more information - you can visit the website at
www.scotlug.org.uk.

Hope to see you all there!